Founded in 1992, the Irish Genealogical Society of Wisconsin (I.G.S.W.) is a non-profit educational organization committed to promoting an understanding of Irish family research, Irish-American history, Irish history and Irish culture.
Our objectives are:
- to stimulate genealogical communication, education, interest and exchange of information, especially as it relates to Irish genealogy, to/with individuals, libraries and organization.
- to provide instruction and/or assistance through publications, educational programs, workshops, seminars, and/or trips for genealogical research for members and the general public.
- to foster careful documentation and promote scholarly genealogical research, writing, and publication.
- to foster and encourage interest and research in Irish heritage and culture.
- to encourage the collection, preservation and maintenance of genealogical and historical materials.
- to champion ethical standards and practices in the field of genealogy.